My name is Jennifer Bishop, LMHC and I am the Owner of Genesis Counseling & Consulting Inc. here in Boca Raton, Florida. We are a team of Clinicians with varying specialties ready to meet you and your families mental health needs.
UPDATES ON CORONA VIRUS for GENESIS COUNSELING & CONSULTING, INC.
We understand that right now, many of us are worried and anxious about the spread COVID-19, known as the “Coronavirus” in our community and across the globe. We may even feel helpless or uncertain about what will happen or what we can do at this time. Stress can over-activate the immune system, causing a rise in anxiety, depression and other mental or emotional wellness concerns. As our clients know, therapy and counseling help to reduce and improve the immune system and to lower your stress levels.
As we remain open for business, we want to reassure you that we have implemented the following policies as recommended by the CDC.
WHAT WE ARE DOING:
- Following hand hygiene protocols in accordance with guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). All team members are following the 20-second guidelines for hand washing and children will wash hands before entering the playroom.
- Clinicians are spraying the office with disinfectant spray for soft surfaces and wiping hard surfaces with disinfecting wipes (including door handles).
- Disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer is available to each client to use in the office.
- Restroom has disinfecting hand soap and paper towels available for use.
- The waiting area and all handles are being wiped with disinfecting wipes multiple times a day.
- In order to support social distancing, we are staggering session start times for each clinician so that the waiting room does not fill up.
- We will also be offering for you to wait in your car until the time of your session and can text you to come inside, so that you can avoid the waiting room altogether.
- We have suspended all business-related travel and participation in any large group gatherings, social gatherings or conferences that may put us at risk.
WHAT YO CAN DO:
- Wash your hands before and after each session
- Do not come to the office if you or your child feels sick or that you may be coming down with something
- Do not come to the office if you or your child has a cold
- Do not come to the office if you have allergies that are presenting as a cold or flu symptoms
- Do not come to the office if you or your child has ANYTHING coming out of your nose (besides your breath)
- Do not come to the office is you or your child has traveled to or has been exposed to COVID-19
We know that this is a difficult time for our world and strongly believe that we can conquer this challenge as a community by following recommendations. We are aware of the distress that this global pandemic is causing, how all of the changes are causing an increase in uncertainty and anxiety and we will remain available to support you. If at any time you feel uncomfortable about coming for an in-person session for yourself or your child and would like to set up virtual therapy, please let us know. You can read below for more information on Virtual Therapy.
What is Virtual Therapy?
It is Online Therapy done through a HIPAA compliant platform. It is best used with adults or adolescents age 12 and older. It is a great option for busy professionals, people with disabilities, care takers, stay at home parents and of course, when there is a pandemic, such as Corona Virus on the loose.
Virtual Counseling withKIDS
Now, let’s be honest, online therapy is not the best for children ages 12 and under. Why? Because children don’t talk as much or in the same way that adults do. Child therapy is more interactive and more exploratory. With that said, it is not impossible to have virtual sessions with children. We are continuing to monitor the situation with COVID-19 and should we have to move to virtual sessions, we are prepared to do that. We have plenty of tools and resources to make the most of our time, including parenting sessions.
Is Online Therapy Secure?
Yes. We provide online therapy via secure data transmission and client privacy is our top priority. We use state-of-the-art security and encryption protocols through Doxy.me, which is an online platform compliant with HIPAA and HITECH requirements for online therapy. This will allow you and/or your child to receive counseling sessions where you are while guaranteeing your confidentiality.
There is no right or wrong way to feel about this pandemic, COVID-19. If at any point you notice a level of fear or anxiety that is concerning to you or difficult to manage, please reach out by phone to discuss setting up a session, 561-408-1098
Jennifer Bishop & Associates
We accept private pay and some Insurances